As reported recently on Channel 7, the Colorado Legislative Action Committee of CAI recently submitted a Sunrise Review Application to the Department of Regulatory Agencies asking DORA to investigate the need for licensing of community managers within the State of Colorado. We are sure many are asking the same questions we had. What is the process for DORA to review this application? What might be the outcome? How can I provide input into the process?
Right now, the application is in the hands of Brian Tobias of the Office of Policy, Research and Regulatory Reform, which is a part of DORA. His office has 120 days to review the application and prepare a report on the application. In his review, Mr. Tobias will review the application and do research, which will include talking to stakeholders, looking at what other states have done, and possibly talking to other regulators. Anyone can contact Mr. Tobias to provide input – you do not need to be asked for input by Mr. Tobias. If you are interested in providing input on this issue, there are several methods to do so:
- In person at the DORA office. It is suggested you call Brian Tobias at 303-894-2994 and you set up a time to meet with him.
- E-mail – Send an e-mail to [email protected]
- Phone – Call Brian Tobias at 303-894-2994.
- Letter – Send a letter to Brian Tobias, c/o DORA, 1560 Broadway, Suite 1550, Denver, Colorado 80202.
- Via the website. There is a link on the left hand side that says “Comment on Upcoming Reviews”. Click on that link to go to a separate screen where input can be provided.
At the end of the 120 days, Mr. Tobias has to have his report completed. The purpose of the report is to discuss whether licensing is a good idea or not. The report will be given to the legislature and will also be posted on the website above.