Believing that strong communities create a stronger city, Mayor Michael Hancock has launched Denver Days, a citywide effort to help neighbors get to know each other and get involved with their communities. Denver Days runs from August 3rd through August 11th.
Hosting a neighborhood social event, block party or organizing a service project for your community is a great way to come together and meet and learn about the people you live around. Below is a short list of ideas to bring your neighborhood together:
- Organize a group walk or bike ride
- Host a dance, aerobic or yoga class
- Host an outing at a local sporting event
- Have a neighborhood art show/competition
- Plan a pot-luck at your community park or on the street
If you are interested in organizing a community event, check-out the Planning Tool-Kit the City of Denver has set up in order to make your event run smoothly.